Advanced technology for sustainable waste development
Mobile flat or step grate boiler is particularly suitable for the more complex fields thanks to the flexibility of use of wood fuels with a high content of ash and water and of special fuels (grain waste, corn cores, miscanthus, hay or straw pellets), ensures companies a double advantage: sustainable development and environmental protection. Suitable for continuous use, it is the answer to large projects, for large thermal power stations of industries, companies or district heating systems; represents an advantageous solution for municipalities and energy suppliers for the production of electricity within biomass thermal power stations.
Tatano’s technical staff is always available to advise the most suitable solutions to meet customers’ needs.
- Available in several power versions for various application needs
- It allows a higher heat production (30 MW) thanks to the combination of several generators
- Each combustion plant is made by hand in Italy and is subject to the most stringent quality standards; the choice of each individual component is closely linked to the criteria of excellence, efficiency, durability and ease of maintenance.
- Guaranteed performance also with fuels with water content up to 50%, in compliance with the most restrictive environmental and emissions values
- Compatible with a wide range of accessories: filtering systems (cyclones, multi-cyclones, wet scrubers), extraction and transport systems, pneumatic cleaning systems and ash extraction that adapt to every type of request and power, thus reducing the management costs of the system and the investment payback times
- Can be combined to a wide range of transport solutions depending on the available space, fuel features and required quantity for plant autonomy.
- Power rangeda 1 MW a 3 MW
- Power modulation range1:3
- Boiler class (according to EN 303-5)class 3
- Hours of annual operationfrom 5000 to 8000 (with mandatory maintenance agreement)
- Combustion systemmobile flat or step grate
- Fluid vectorwater; overheated water (+ 110° C) and steam with low pressure (on request)
- Allowed flow temperaturemax. 95°C
- Max working pressure3 bar
- Fuel water contentfrom 8 - 10%
- Ash contentfrom 1 to 10%
- Biomasses to be usedWood chips/ Wood pellets/ wood
- Other compatible biomassessawdust, shavings, agripellet, sunpower husks, corn stalks, energy crops
- Bio-fuelsvegetable oils, biodiesel, after application of the burner
- Applicationslarge buildings, sawmills, forest and agricultural companies, public bodies, district heating, new buildings and redevelopment
- Other featuresthrough the modulating power regulation and the integration of a thermal storage system it is possible to maximize the number of hours of operation at full load of the boiler, with a reduction in operating costs and CO2, thanks to an efficient use of the resources.
Low-NOx technology: warmth and respect for the environment
Wood chips boiler boasts an advanced 3-stage combustion technology that that combines the advantages of the underfed auger burner with those of the mobile grate; it is therefore possible to use various types of cheap and non-pre-dried fuel, such as industrial wood chips, bark and remains of pruning.
Mobile flat or step grate fuel combustion systems are made in low NOx version and are equipped with a combustion chamber capable of operating primary, secondary and tertiary air subdivision, reducing emissions.
The separate regulation of combustion air takes place automatically by inverter together with the regulation system of the residual oxygen content (Lambda probe), ensuring high eficiency, lower fuel consumption and reduced emission values, even at partial load.
Moreover, this process is made more effective thanks to the activation of an exhaust gas recirculation system (available as an accessory). A feed auger carries the fuel into precombustion chamber where it pre-dried and then transferred to the grate, divided into sections with two primary ventilation zones.
The material is moved slowly through the continuous movements of the mobile grate operated with hydraulic system and automatically adapted to the power demand.
The grid has high resistance to wear thanks to the trolley-mounted structure in chromed steel and cast iron elements that can be replaced individually for minimum operating costs and ease of maintenance.
The refractory cement vault above the grid ensures a high combustion temperature even in the presence of wet fuel. The secondary and tertiary air that flows into the post-combustion chamber allows a gradual and complete combustion.
The boiler body and the heat exchanger are fully covered with water to maximize heat exchange and reduce temperature of the external surface with minimal dispersion.
The combustion ashes are removed and transported automatically in separate containers with the possibility of centralized extraction on an external tank by auger or rakes; moreover, under the grate it is possible to install an ash removal device (on request).
Intuitive and versatile adjustment of the system
The entire control system is mounted as standard on large power boilers and is already wired.
The system has a digital modulating system, completely programmable according to the customer’s needs, which ensures a perfect combustion thanks to the regulation of the combustion air, fuel and exhaust gas temperature.
Brazier cleaning system
A careful cleaning around the brazier ensures an excellent combustion.
The system can be installed as an accessory in cases of use combustibles with a high ash content.
Depending on the size of the system, it is possible to combine the ash removal system of the combustion chamber with adjustable air injectors (already present as standard in some models) that automatically emit air jets and convey the ash towards the channels of collection which is taken from the extraction screws.
Automatic ash removal
Centralized or separate automatic removal of ash from the combustion grid or multi-cyclone. In the centralized variant the mechanical removal by hydraulic rakes or extraction screws conveys the ash from the combustion grid and from the multicyclone to an external common container. In the separate variant, the ash from the combustion grid and the multi-cyclone is transported in separate containers.
Economizer for heat recovery from smokes
A part of the exhaust gas with a reduced oxygen content returns to the combustion chamber.
Thanks to the mixture with the primary air it guarantees the complete gasification of the fuel, it allows to lower the temperature of the combustion chamber, to reduce the particulate emissions and ensure a long life of the combustion system.
The yield is improved of about 3-7%.
Exhaust gas recirculation
In the presence of problematic fuels, it is possible to install an exhaust gas recirculation device, to reduce the temperature of the combustion chamber and lower the thermal NOx:
- With fuels with a low ash melting point
- With dry fuels with a high calorific value
In this way a high yield is guaranteed respecting the plant and without the formation of waste.
Exhaust gas deduster
The dust collector minimizes dust emissions by filtering the exhaust gases. Primary mono, bi- and multi-cyclone filtering systems are supplied completely separated or integrated on the boiler.
The dust collector is supplied complete with fan positioned on the sides or in the upper part, with electronic control and management. The integrated multi-cyclone on the boiler can be equipped with automatic removal of the fly ash by an auger and a star valve as an accessory.
The secondary filtration systems for the control of the particulate emissions of the wet scrubbers’ type are sized and designed according to the specific needs of the plant in the presence of problematic fuels, very dry and dusty
The app 4 heat offers new possibilities for controlling and managing the remote heating system via internet routers (Wi-Fi) and the Cloud server.
If the boiler setting is connected to the internet, all the heating settings can be viewed and changed directly from the smartphone, tablet or PC. In this way, it is possible to have the heating under control wherever you are.
In addition, the remote access solution allows access to the full range of services offered by the Tatano technical assistance service.
Wide range of services from a single supplier to safeguard your investment
Among the strong points of the Tatano commercial and industrial sector, alongside the highest quality products, there is a range of services at 360 degrees aimed at providing all the necessary support to ensure the correct operation of the system and the best performance in terms of returns, reliability and sustainability.
From planning to project development, up to commissioning of the system and service, our customers benefit from the know-how of our experts and the long-standing experience of the company. This allows us to guarantee tailor-made solutions able to meet any need.
Consulting and planning
The design of a heating system must consider all the aspects connected to it in order to meet the specific application requirements and solve every single problem.
The Tatano team offers:
- Consultancy regarding the most suitable plant solution according to the needs and the type of fuel
- Information on the most convenient solution from an economic and ecological point of view
- Advice on the current legislature at national and international level
- Basic design, detail engineering and site planning
Tatano provides an on-site inspection of the installation site with specialized technicians, with the aim of assessing the preliminary conditions for the construction of the system.
Installation and assembly
The coordination of the works during the assembly phase of the system components is essential to guarantee the maximum punctuality of the delivery:
The Tatano team offers:
- Supply and assembly of components at the installation site
- Regular installation
- Accurate checks of system performance during operation
- Technical documentation
Maintenance, assistance and training
Careful and professional plant maintenance is a fundamental condition to guarantee efficient operation. This is why Tatano offers a complete and timely service that includes:
- Personalized assistance with scheduled maintenance contracts
- Service network for customer assistance with highly qualified personnel
- Inspection and review of the system
- Pre-installed solutions suitable for energy suppliers (for rental or leasing service)
- Professional parts management
- Remote diagnosis and monitoring of the system
- Rehabilitation works and modernization of the system
- Training courses for the system operator
It is the ideal structure for the search for eco-sustainable solutions and cooperation for achieving the Zero Emission objectives..
An up-to-date network of professionals that includes:
- Producers and suppliers of biomass
- Energy certifiers
- Design studies (EGE)
- Energy Service Company (ESCo)
- Energy Services Managers (GSE)
- Installers and technical assistance centers