Maximum efficiency in the production of biomass energy
Kalorina, large wood chips boiler, burns without difficulty all types of wood fuels: wood chips, pellets, shavings, waste of forest cleaning or sawmill, woodworking residues and energy crops, with a maximum content of water of 35%.
It stands out for its fully automatic and modulating functioning, ie for the ability to adapt the power to the actual heat requirement; perfect for large projects and continuous use over 8000 hours per year.
Thanks to the possibility of cascade connection, it is possible to develop projects up to 30 MW.
With its potential it is ideal for large thermal plants in industries, companies or district heating plants; it represents a profitable solution for municipalities and for energy suppliers for the production of electricity within biomass heating plants. Furthermore, the Tatano team of experts is always available for the customized design of the system.
- They are available in several power versions for various application needs; thanks to the cascade connection it is possible to realize systems up to 30 MW
- They have a high efficiency of up to 92%, ensure a reduced wear and tear of the system with modulating operation, respecting the emission values
- They have minimal energy losses thanks to complete and effective isolation
- They have safety systems for safe and reliable operation
- Easy maintenance thanks to the completely automatic ash removal and the pneumatic cleaning system (available as an accessory)
- They have a wide range of transport and fuel storage solutions for greater system autonomy
- Power rangefrom 1 MW to 3 MW
- Power modulation range1:3
- Boiler class (according to EN 303-5)class 3
- Hours of annual operationuntil 5000
- Combustion systemunder-fed fixed grid
- Fluid vectorwater, overheated water (+ 110° C) and steam with low pressure (on demand)
- Allowed flow temperaturemax. 95°C
- Max working pressure3 bar
- Fuel water contentfrom 8 to 35%
- Ash contentfrom 1 to 7%
- Biomasses to be usedWood chips/wood and wood pellets
- Other compatible biomassessawdust, shavings, Agri pellet, sunflower husks, corn stalks, energy crops
- Bio-fuelsvegetable oils, biodiesel, after application of the burner
- Applicationsindustries, companies, greenhouses, public bodies, district heating, new buildings and redevelopment
- Other featuresthrough the modulating power regulation and the integration of a thermal storage system it is possible to maximize the number of hours of operation at full load of the boiler, with a reduction in operating costs and CO2 emissions
High standards of efficiency and emissions
Among the main advantages offered by the industrial wood chips boiler, we find on the one hand the possibility of using various fuels, on the other a low content of particulates in the exhaust gas thanks to the 3-stage direct combustion technology.
The combustion systems, with fixed underfed grid burner, are made in the low NOx version and are equipped with a combustion chamber able to operate the subdivision of primary, secondary and tertiary air, in order to reduce emissions.
The separate combustion air regulation takes place automatically via inverter in combination with the system for regulating the residual oxygen content (Lambda probe) ensuring high efficiency, lower fuel consumption and lower emissions, even at partial load.
The fuel is loaded from the bottom, inside the hearth, through the feeding auger, with the automatic ignition and the continuous control of the filling level proportioned to the sub-metric air intake for a complete degassing. In the presence of wet fuel, the refractory cement irradiation can be prepared for a first drying process of the incoming material. The secondary and tertiary air entering the post-combustion chamber burns gradually and completely.
The boiler body and the flue-reversed heat exchanger are entirely covered with water to maximize the heat exchange and reduce the temperature of the external layer with minimal dispersion. The combustion ashes are removed and transported automatically in an external container by extraction augers or rakes.
Intuitive and versatile adjustment of the system
The entire control system is mounted as standard on large power boilers and is already wired.
The system has a digital modulating system, completely programmable according to the customer’s needs, which ensures a perfect combustion thanks to the regulation of the combustion air, fuel and exhaust gas temperature.
Brazier cleaning system
A careful cleaning around the brazier ensures an excellent combustion.
The system can be installed as an accessory in cases of use combustibles with a high ash content.
Depending on the size of the system, it is possible to combine the ash removal system of the combustion chamber with adjustable air injectors (already present as standard in some models) that automatically emit air jets and convey the ash towards the channels of collection which is taken from the extraction screws.
Automatic ash removal
Centralized or separate automatic removal of ash from the combustion grid or multi-cyclone. In the centralized variant the mechanical removal by hydraulic rakes or extraction screws conveys the ash from the combustion grid and from the multicyclone to an external common container. In the separate variant, the ash from the combustion grid and the multi-cyclone is transported in separate containers.
Economizer for heat recovery from smokes
A part of the exhaust gas with a reduced oxygen content returns to the combustion chamber.
Thanks to the mixture with the primary air it guarantees the complete gasification of the fuel, it allows to lower the temperature of the combustion chamber, to reduce the particulate emissions and ensure a long life of the combustion system.
The yield is improved of about 3-7%.
Exhaust gas recirculation
In the presence of problematic fuels, it is possible to install an exhaust gas recirculation device, to reduce the temperature of the combustion chamber and lower the thermal NOx:
- With fuels with a low ash melting point
- With dry fuels with a high calorific value
In this way a high yield is guaranteed respecting the plant and without the formation of waste.
Exhaust gas deduster
The dust collector minimizes dust emissions by filtering the exhaust gases. Primary mono, bi- and multi-cyclone filtering systems are supplied completely separated or integrated on the boiler.
The dust collector is supplied complete with fan positioned on the sides or in the upper part, with electronic control and management. The integrated multi-cyclone on the boiler can be equipped with automatic removal of the fly ash by an auger and a star valve as an accessory.
The secondary filtration systems for the control of the particulate emissions of the wet scrubbers’ type are sized and designed according to the specific needs of the plant in the presence of problematic fuels, very dry and dusty
The app 4 heat offers new possibilities for controlling and managing the remote heating system via internet routers (Wi-Fi) and the Cloud server.
If the boiler setting is connected to the internet, all the heating settings can be viewed and changed directly from the smartphone, tablet or PC. In this way, it is possible to have the heating under control wherever you are.
In addition, the remote access solution allows access to the full range of services offered by the Tatano technical assistance service.
Wide range of services from a single supplier to safeguard your investment
Among the strong points of the Tatano commercial and industrial sector, alongside the highest quality products, there is a range of services at 360 degrees aimed at providing all the necessary support to ensure the correct operation of the system and the best performance in terms of returns, reliability and sustainability.
From planning to project development, up to commissioning of the system and service, our customers benefit from the know-how of our experts and the long-standing experience of the company. This allows us to guarantee tailor-made solutions able to meet any need.
Consulting and planning
The design of a heating system must consider all the aspects connected to it in order to meet the specific application requirements and solve every single problem.
The Tatano team offers:
- Consultancy regarding the most suitable plant solution according to the needs and the type of fuel
- Information on the most convenient solution from an economic and ecological point of view
- Advice on the current legislature at national and international level
- Basic design, detail engineering and site planning
Tatano provides an on-site inspection of the installation site with specialized technicians, with the aim of assessing the preliminary conditions for the construction of the system.
Installation and assembly
The coordination of the works during the assembly phase of the system components is essential to guarantee the maximum punctuality of the delivery:
The Tatano team offers:
- Supply and assembly of components at the installation site
- Regular installation
- Accurate checks of system performance during operation
- Technical documentation
Maintenance, assistance and training
Careful and professional plant maintenance is a fundamental condition to guarantee efficient operation. This is why Tatano offers a complete and timely service that includes:
- Personalized assistance with scheduled maintenance contracts
- Service network for customer assistance with highly qualified personnel
- Inspection and review of the system
- Pre-installed solutions suitable for energy suppliers (for rental or leasing service)
- Professional parts management
- Remote diagnosis and monitoring of the system
- Rehabilitation works and modernization of the system
- Training courses for the system operator
It is the ideal structure for the search for eco-sustainable solutions and cooperation for achieving the Zero Emission objectives..
An up-to-date network of professionals that includes:
- Producers and suppliers of biomass
- Energy certifiers
- Design studies (EGE)
- Energy Service Company (ESCo)
- Energy Services Managers (GSE)
- Installers and technical assistance centers