The sustainable solution: when production waste becomes a resource.
The flat boiler with moving grate or with steps is particularly suitable for more complex fields of application thanks to the possibility of using wood fuels with a high content of ash and water and special fuels such as waste of grain, stalks of corn, miscanthus, hay or straw pellet); this ensures genuine manufacturing advantages for energy companies in terms of energy efficiency, cost savings and sustainability.
- It is ideal for farms, foresters, municipalities, energy suppliers thanks to the energy recovery of waste
- It has a high seasonal efficiency of up to 92%, respecting the emission values
- Performance is guaranteed with fuel with water content up to 50%
- It records minimal energy losses thanks to complete and effective insulation
- It has security systems for safe and reliable operation
- Maintenance is facilitated by fully automatic ash removal and the pneumatic cleaning system available as an accessory
- It allows a wide range of transport solutions depending on the space available, the characteristics of the fuel and the quantities necessary for the autonomy of the system.
- A team of experts is always available for customized system design
- Power rangeda 151 a 1 MW
- Power modulation range1:3
- Boiler class (according to EN 303-5)class 3
- Hours of annual operationfrom 5000 to 8000
- Combustion systemwith moving grate or steps
- Vector fluidwater; overheated water (+ 110 ° C) and low-pressure steam (on request)
- Permissibile supply temperaturemax. 95°C
- Maximum working pressure3 bar
- Fuel water contentfrom 6 to 50%
- Ash contentfrom 1 to 10%
- Biomasses to be usedWood chips / Wood pellets / wood
- Other compatible biomassessawdust, shavings, agripellet, sunflower husk, corn stalks, energy crops
- Bio-combustibilioli vegetali, biodiesel, previa applicazione bruciatore
- Applicationslarge buildings, sawmills, forest and agricultural companies, public bodies, district heating, new buildings and redevelopment
- Other featuresthrough the modulating power regulation, the integration of a thermal storage system and an efficient use of resources it is possible to maximize the number of operating hours at full load of the boiler, with reduction of management costs and emissions of CO2
Low Nox Technology
The boiler boasts an advanced combustion technology that combines the advantages of the auger-fed burner with those of the moving grate with minimum emission values, maximum efficiency, savings and a perfect interaction of the construction and adjustment elements.
A feeding auger transports the fuel into the pre-combustor compartment where it is pre-dried; it is subsequently transferred to the moving grate, with a solid structure in chromed steel and high-alloyed cast iron elements, arranged so as to minimize fuel loss.
Long life, immediate availability of the system and ease of maintenance are guaranteed by the wheeled structure and by the elements of the grid that can be replaced individually.
The grid is divided into sections with two separately controllable primary ventilation zones for uniform combustion air distribution and turbulence-free gasification, and is operated with a hydraulic system.
The progress phases are automatically adjusted to the power demand.
The refractory cement vault above the grate and with fuel-dependent execution ensures a high combustion temperature even in the presence of wet fuel. The secondary air that flows into the post-combustion chamber allows a gradual and complete combustion with minimal emissions. The ashes are conveyed slowly from the grate to the end of the same (where automatic removal takes place) and are transported to the ash tray. Under the grate it is possible to install an ash removal device (on request).
Intelligent regulation of the entire system
The digital modulating regulation, integrated as standard on medium power boilers, guarantees perfect operation and constant control to meet the various usage requirements; it controls and optimizes the combustion process with the possibility of regulating power, combustion temperature, depression, residual oxygen content and the amount of air supplied to the combustion system. The system is displayed on a touch-sensitive display that can be used with great simplicity.
Pneumatic cleaning system
A clean heat exchanger is crucial for ensuring the efficiency and life span of a boiler.
The pneumatic cleaning system eliminates the ashes in the exchanger through short compressed air blows at regular intervals and which propagates with a shock wave along the tubes, cleaning the walls from the deposited particles.
In this way maintenance interventions are significantly reduced
Brazier cleaning system
A careful cleaning around the brazier ensures an excellent combustion.
The system can be installed as an accessory in cases of use combustibles with a high ash content.
Depending on the size of the system, it is possible to combine the ash removal system of the combustion chamber with adjustable air injectors (already present as standard in some models) that automatically emit air jets and convey the ash towards the channels of collection which is taken from the extraction screws.
Automatic ash removal
Centralized or separate automatic removal of ash from the combustion grid or multi-cyclone. In the centralized variant the mechanical removal by hydraulic rakes or extraction screws conveys the ash from the combustion grid and from the multicyclone to an external common container. In the separate variant, the ash from the combustion grid and the multi-cyclone is transported in separate containers.
Economizer for heat recovery from smokes
A part of the exhaust gas with a reduced oxygen content returns to the combustion chamber.
Thanks to the mixture with the primary air it guarantees the complete gasification of the fuel, it allows to lower the temperature of the combustion chamber, to reduce the particulate emissions and ensure a long life of the combustion system.
The yield is improved of about 3-7%.
Exhaust gas recirculation
In the presence of problematic fuels, it is possible to install an exhaust gas recirculation device, to reduce the temperature of the combustion chamber and lower the thermal NOx:
- With fuels with a low ash melting point
- With dry fuels with a high calorific value
In this way a high yield is guaranteed respecting the plant and without the formation of waste.
Exhaust gas deduster
The dust collector minimizes dust emissions by filtering the exhaust gases. Primary mono, bi- and multi-cyclone filtering systems are supplied completely separated or integrated on the boiler.
The dust collector is supplied complete with fan positioned on the sides or in the upper part, with electronic control and management. The integrated multi-cyclone on the boiler can be equipped with automatic removal of the fly ash by an auger and a star valve as an accessory.
The secondary filtration systems for the control of the particulate emissions of the wet scrubbers’ type are sized and designed according to the specific needs of the plant in the presence of problematic fuels, very dry and dusty
The app 4 heat offers new possibilities for controlling and managing the remote heating system via internet routers (Wi-Fi) and the Cloud server.
If the boiler setting is connected to the internet, all the heating settings can be viewed and changed directly from the smartphone, tablet or PC. In this way, it is possible to have the heating under control wherever you are.
In addition, the remote access solution allows access to the full range of services offered by the Tatano technical assistance service.
Wide range of services from a single supplier to safeguard your investment
Among the strong points of the Tatano commercial and industrial sector, alongside the highest quality products, there is a range of services at 360 degrees aimed at providing all the necessary support to ensure the correct operation of the system and the best performance in terms of returns, reliability and sustainability.
From planning to project development, up to commissioning of the system and service, our customers benefit from the know-how of our experts and the long-standing experience of the company. This allows us to guarantee tailor-made solutions able to meet any need.
Consulting and planning
The design of a heating system must consider all the aspects connected to it in order to meet the specific application requirements and solve every single problem.
The Tatano team offers:
- Consultancy regarding the most suitable plant solution according to the needs and the type of fuel
- Information on the most convenient solution from an economic and ecological point of view
- Advice on the current legislature at national and international level
- Basic design, detail engineering and site planning
Tatano provides an on-site inspection of the installation site with specialized technicians, with the aim of assessing the preliminary conditions for the construction of the system.
Installation and assembly
The coordination of the works during the assembly phase of the system components is essential to guarantee the maximum punctuality of the delivery:
The Tatano team offers:
- Supply and assembly of components at the installation site
- Regular installation
- Accurate checks of system performance during operation
- Technical documentation
Maintenance, assistance and training
Careful and professional plant maintenance is a fundamental condition to guarantee efficient operation. This is why Tatano offers a complete and timely service that includes:
- Personalized assistance with scheduled maintenance contracts
- Service network for customer assistance with highly qualified personnel
- Inspection and review of the system
- Pre-installed solutions suitable for energy suppliers (for rental or leasing service)
- Professional parts management
- Remote diagnosis and monitoring of the system
- Rehabilitation works and modernization of the system
- Training courses for the system operator
It is the ideal structure for the search for eco-sustainable solutions and cooperation for achieving the Zero Emission objectives..
An up-to-date network of professionals that includes:
- Producers and suppliers of biomass
- Energy certifiers
- Design studies (EGE)
- Energy Service Company (ESCo)
- Energy Services Managers (GSE)
- Installers and technical assistance centers