Wood Pellet: the fuel of the future
Pellets are a very valid alternative to traditional energy sources for heating. Using it as an energy source means heating in harmony with the natural carbon cycle and with minimal environmental impact.
It is a totally natural product, deriving from an industrial process for which the raw material is transformed into small cylinders with a diameter ranging from 6 to 8 mm and a length of 10-30 mm. The only raw material allowed for the production of pellets is virgin wood that is not contaminated, which has undergone only mechanical treatment (Legislative Decree No. 152/06).
EN 14961-2: European standard
The EN plus certification system, based on the EN 14 961-2 standard, replacing the existing national standards, has the objective of making the new European standard operational, which will enable the purchase of high quality and consistent pellets throughout Europe, guaranteed by a transparent certification system.
The norm EN 14961-2 introduces 3 quality class:
- Class A1, which corresponds to the highest quality, characterized by an ash content of A <0.7%.
- Class A2, characterized by an ash content of A <1.5%.
- Class B, characterized by an ash content of A <3.0% and can be produced from both sawdust and bark. This qualitative class is intended for large combustion systems for commercial or industrial use
The quality of the pellets also plays a very important role in the correct operation of your heating system.
We only recommend the use of certified pellets according to EN14961-2, ÖNORM M 7135, DIN 51731, DINplus, ENplus or PELLET GOLD standards.
PELLET GOLD is the only certification system for the quality of pellets present in Italy.
Responding to the characteristics and needs of the Italian market and production, it raises the quality standards as far as possible, based on the EN 14961-2, ÖNORM M 7135 and the DINplus protocol.
- 1 m³ methane ≈ 2 Kg wood pellets
- 1 Kg heating oil ≈ 2 Kg wood pellets
- 1 Kg LPG ≈ 2,5 Kg wood pellets
PCS (Higher heating value)3,7-3,8 KWh/Kg
PCI (Actual calorific value)3-3,4 KWh/Kg
Moisture content (M)15 < w > 35 %
Volume density200-300 Kg/m³
Ashes (A) % in weight1-2,5
Which type of heating system do you choose for your home?
To choose the right solution among all those available, it is essential to consider some elements: the reference environment, the characteristics of the dwelling, the power required, the fuels available and in particular the needs of use:
The Tatano pellet boilers, versatile and efficient, offer many advantages both in economic terms and in terms of management of the heating system:
- The pellet boiler is ideal for a single or two-family house, or a condominium apartment
- With the pellet boiler you can create a new system or redevelop the old using renewable sources to save money and take advantage of tax incentives.
- The pellet is easy to store and is very common: you can buy it from most of the dealers of fuels, building materials and bricolage stores.
- Pellets offer a high level of comfort and efficiency with low consumption
- With the latest generation pellet boilers, it is possible to keep the heating system already in use.
- Tatano pellet boilers are completely automatic and allow the boiler to be controlled easily, quickly and efficiently, even remotely.
- Tatano offers a wide range of pellet boilers, adapted to the different needs, according to the available space and the different types of heating system: radiators, fan coil or floor system.
- Pellet boilers can be integrated into solar systems for domestic hot water heating, thus adding further savings, environmental benefits and increasing the value of your property.